Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Bookmark for slideshow

#1 2006-09-13 04:22:07

maarq
2006-09-11

Bookmark for slideshow

Hi! I on my site, I have the picture itself (viewed by picture.php) placed on the the page quite down, due to some headers. Users need to scroll down a little to see whole picture. That's OK. Unfortunatelly this situation leads to "unusable" slide show. Everytime the slideshow refreshes it jumps back to the top of the page and the picture is not visible and user needs to scroll down again.

I've solved this problem by using dummy <a href="#picture"></a> code in picture.tpl and by modifying the behavior of picture's URL creation for the slideshow in picture.php so that the pictures in the slideshow are referenced with the "#picture" appendix.

I think this is quite useful feature and very easy to implement, so I would propose to include such functionality to the next release. I can post more of my code if needed or explain more if it is not clear.

Regards,

Marek

#2 2006-09-13 08:00:59

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Re: Bookmark for slideshow

Another way is to create a slideshow.tpl maybe, no?
Duplicate picture.php to parse slideshow.tpl, which one can have just four buttons (Back first, stop, restart, back to picture).
Maybe an evolution choose your prefered one.
Create an evolution request in Bugs tool.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#3 2007-07-05 19:35:58

Ryan G

Re: Bookmark for slideshow

Excellent Idea!

•  » Requests
  •  » Bookmark for slideshow

Board footer