Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Can the search feature use "Manage Properties Photos" fields?

#1 2023-07-13 10:23:17

BobbyV
2007-04-22

Can the search feature use "Manage Properties Photos" fields?

The "Manage Properties Photos" plugin is perfect for adding custom fields to photos but unless they are included in the "search" facility there is little benefit from adding these fields except for display on the photo page.

I would like to request a new or modified plugin to enable searching for photos with matching custom fields and to create a temporary virtual album based on the results.

For example, I may add a "properties photo" field called "registration number" and then have the ability to search through the entire album collection looking for cars with a registration number = 123XYZ. The results would then be displayed as a temporary album showing any photos of that car.

Would anyone else find this useful or have any suggestions for improvement?

#2 2024-04-21 22:30:44

willem
The Netherlands
2022-04-25

Re: Can the search feature use "Manage Properties Photos" fields?

Please add my vote for this request. It looks like the new search in Piwigo 14 has not yet opened this option.

In our case it is about ships with 5 digit registration numbers. We're currently adding them as tags, but this has 2 major drawbacks:

1. The number of tags grows enormously
2. 5-digit numbers can also be part of a date, filename etc. This is confusing to the volunteers working on tagging the collection. So we had to ad extra characters to them to make them unique.

IMHO this will enhance Piwigo's usability as an image library for organisations.

•  » Requests
  •  » Can the search feature use "Manage Properties Photos" fields?

Board footer