•  » Requests
  •  » Share your thoughts about the new Piwigo search engine

#1 2024-01-09 16:55:38

Claire
Piwigo Team
2023-11-10

Share your thoughts about the new Piwigo search engine

Hello everyone!

It's almost a month since Piwigo 14 was officially released, and you've probably noticed one of the big new features of this version: the new search engine (read the description of Piwigo 14 if you missed it).

Now we'd love to hear what you think of this major new feature, which we've been working hard on!

So far, a few users have let us know that they don't like the new 'Search in this set' button that has appeared on an album or tag page. Don't worry, you can disable the display of this button in Piwigo's administration (Configuration>Options).

But apart from that, we haven't had much feedback, despite our frequent calls, since the release of beta 1 in June 2023.

That's why I'm opening this topic to get your feedback: what do you think of the new multi-criteria search in Piwigo?
What do you like about it?
What do you like less?
How could it be improved?

We're listening!

#2 2024-04-02 05:40:48

capwiz
2024-02-22

Re: Share your thoughts about the new Piwigo search engine

I believe the old engine was significantly better at searching tags. Please see this post I made chronicling my complaint with the new engine.

[Forum, topic 33481] More easily search tags

#3 2024-04-03 12:56:13

drmaemo
2013-07-11

I think the near search feature is friendlier to use than the previous one.

Two changes to consider:

1. Allow the administrator to select which filter criteria should always be available. For example, I would like the option to have the Post Date filter appear without the user having to activate it. Perhaps this can be configured somewhere in the Administration panel?

2. For the Post Date filter, it would be appreciated if the user could specify more precisely the time period that the filter applies. Currently, there are four (4) choices, which is more limiting.

Apologies if these suggestion are repeats of previous posts.

All the best,

DrM

Piwigo 14.0.0 on Linux since 7 March 2020
PHP: 8.1.26 and MySQL: 10.11.6-MariaDB
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.9.10-68

#4 2024-04-03 22:07:37

dummer-esel
2017-01-25

Hi,

Thanks for updating the search function.

The only feature I'm still missing is to search for albums (categories) only.
For now, it's perfect if you have a photo stock and want to seach for a list of single pictures.

However, I organized my gallery into a lot of albums, and sometimes I can't even find the right album.

Maybe you could make a feature that in the results only albums appear, not single photos? This would be really awesome!

•  » Requests
  •  » Share your thoughts about the new Piwigo search engine

Board footer