Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Installing Bootstrap Darkroom theme, how to fix paths error

#1 2024-02-19 16:33:49

gomi
2024-01-11

Installing Bootstrap Darkroom theme, how to fix paths error

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I switched themes from the default 'Modus' to 'Bootstrap Darkroom'. Clicking on the 'View' tab I get a page which looks like a very old web design interface before uploading and an error at the top:

Code:

Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for ./themes/bootstrap_darkroom/css/material-darkroom/bootstrap.min.css in /home/netsafes/mikegoodmanphoto.com/public_html/include/template.class.php on line 1893

Piwigo URL: https://mikegoodmanphoto.com

I'm completely rewriting this post from here because what I originally entered is not helpful.

The file: template.class.php is as in the error message. Line 1893 in that file says: "$key[] = $combinable->path;"

The file bootstrap,min.css is in /css/bootswatch-darkly/ and not in /css/material-darkroom/

How do I find which file the '$combinable->path is referring to in order to substitute the correct path into it? Presumably not by altering the file itself? How would I write that in a 'local' CSS file?

TIA,

Mike

Last edited by gomi (2024-02-19 19:25:36)

#2 2024-02-20 14:22:11

gomi
2024-01-11

Re: Installing Bootstrap Darkroom theme, how to fix paths error

I used a Tux workaround for this, with a symlink. I don't know if something similar could be done in 'Doze or Mac.

You will need shell or CLI access and substitute the paths and names of your own files. What I am showing here is how I fixed my own path purely as an example.

Which user you log in as depends upon how you set your instance of Piwigo up in the first place.

You can use full paths or cd into the relevant directory and use relative paths.

I used cPanel on my host to create the directory but here's how to do it all, start to finish, on CLI, assuming I'm already in the css directory.

Refer to my OP above to see full paths in my case.

Code:

$ mkdir material-darkroom
$ cd material-darkroom
$ ln -s ../bootswatch-darkly/bootstrap.min.css bootstrap.min.css

Check that the permissions are still correct then bring up your Piwigo in a browser. Everything should be working.

This hack should persist through updates and upgrades. The directory I have created does not exist in the theme in use so is, I hope, unlikely to get overwritten. Unless the path to the linked file changes in an upgrade, it should work for ever whilst upgrades to the file will be applied at the file the system locates.

That hasn't helped me understand how Piwigo should work across all platforms but in the absence of replies to my OP I hope this can at least help somebody else.

Last edited by gomi (2024-02-20 14:27:46)

•  » Themes
  •  » Installing Bootstrap Darkroom theme, how to fix paths error

Board footer