Announcement

#1 2024-02-18 13:46:33

ianmac
2016-07-30

Problem using the 'Update' function on Editing a photo

Hello,

I found an error in the spelling of 'Goatland' (the 'a' was missing) in the Todd family tree. I corrected the Microsoft Office Word file, took a screen grab and renamed the file 'Todd Family Tree -v7.png'  Then  I used the 'Update' function and I had to wait perhaps four seconds before the green backed message came back that "The photo was updated".  I moved across to the 'Properties' tab and the image of the new file was shown together with the new file name.  I pressed the 'Save settings' button at the bottom of that webpage and noted that the displayed image was still that of the new file.  I updated the text and pressed the 'Save settings' button again, noting the displayed image had not changed.  I then used the new flash 'Open in Gallery' and found to my horror that the previous version was still being displayed.  I then used the reload button on my browser, which gave an unchanged display.
I left the problem for 24 hours, thinking that it could be something to do with updating the dataset during the night.  When I went back to it: 'Edit photo #2689" and using the 'Properties' tab, all data and image had been returned to the previous state!
I think I can remember having the similar problem 6 years ago and I worked round the problem by deleting the photo and reloading the new version, loosing all the photo's past history, but why tease us by having the 'Update' tab in the first place?
As you can see below, I refreshed the cache, but that did not solve the problem.
Secondary question: in using 'Update': should the replacing filename be the same as or different from the file being updated?  It did seem to make a difference.

Environment

Piwigo 14.2.0 Check for upgrade
    Installed on 21 June 2016, 7 years 7 months 3 weeks 5 days ago
    Operating system: Linux
    PHP: 8.0.30 (Show info) [2024-02-18 12:11:49]
    MySQL: 8.0.36 [2024-02-18 12:11:49]
    Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.9.12-93
    Cache size 2845.47 Mo   calculated 1 minute ago Refresh

Activated plugin list 16

Admin Tools;     Batch Downloader;     Comments on Albums;     Crypto Captcha;     Download Counter
    Edit Filename;     Exif View;     Header Manager;     Image Preview;     Language Switch
    LocalFiles Editor;     OpenStreetMap;     Photo Update;     RV Akismet;     Take A Tour of Your Piwigo
    Theme Switch

Piwigo URL: http://swanlandheritage.info/piwigo/

#2 2024-02-18 16:52:15

Katryne
2016-12-03

Re: Problem using the 'Update' function on Editing a photo

Hello ! Using photo update plugin will change the file name. Try not to use any space or special character in the file name, only letters, digits and the signs - and _ You may use capital letters.

http://photos.katrynou.fr/ v.14.1.0 https://album.chauvigne.info/ v.13.8.0
Système d'exploitation: Linux - Hébergeur 1&1-Ionos PHP: 8.0.28 - MySQL: 5.7.38
Bibliothèque graphique: External ImageMagick 6.9.10-23

#3 2024-02-18 20:48:33

ianmac
2016-07-30

Hi Katryne
Thanks for your reply.  So I changed the file name by changing all the spaces to the '_' character so that all the characters of the filename came within your requirement ...    Todd_Family_Tree_-v7.png
These changes did not solve my problem, sadly.  However I will use your suggestion if I use Update again.
I have just tried things again and I get the same problem.  However in the properties tab of the Photo Editing section of My Piwigo there is a zoom function and surprize, surprize: although the normal image showed no change, the zoom image did ! It's almost unbelievable.
I wish I could send you the screen shot of these images, but Piwigo does not give the user the opportunity  OR  the information to send images as well as text.
Ian

#4 2024-02-19 21:33:01

ianmac
2016-07-30

Hi

I tried altering the size of the image displayed and I found that on changing the size of the displayed image ... the updated image was on all image sizes, including the original size (949 x 899), except the medium size (657 x 594) which showed the previous version of the image.
What do I have to do to correct this, please?

Board footer