•  » Beta testing
  •  » [resolved] Piwigo 14.2 - Safari HD Display Issues

#1 2024-02-01 16:27:05

Michael High
Co. Offaly, Ireland
2022-12-15

[resolved] Piwigo 14.2 - Safari HD Display Issues

Hello,

I am now at the final hurdle that holds me back from adopting Modus as the best-in-class theme for my needs. In summary, I could not get the Photos and Slideshow pages to work in the way that I had come to expect from themes such as Bootstrap Darkroom. As luck would have it, all my tests have been carried out on High Definition Display devices, all of which have current OS's and updates. Yet, when I booted up my legacy 2010 iMac with its 27" low resolution display, I found that everything worked as I would have expected and that some nice enhancements came into play.

I then ran new tests in which I delved deeper into the settings on my current iMac. These are detailed in screenshots with comments, which may be viewed on my Piwigo test site at https://piwigo14.thehighs.org/picture.p … ategory/31
I don't have any technical expertise to compare the Modus and Bootstrap Darkroom php files. But I suspect that that Mac OS generally reports its hardware display resolution (in my case that's 5120 × 2880) but does not report in a way visible to Piwigo its user set resolution (which in my case was the default 2560 x 1440).

I would gladly help in running tests on my setup of any modifications that you might be able to come up with. Piwigo is a great product and I would so like to run it straight out of the box.

Best wishes,
Michael

(Copy here your environment details, found on your Piwigo page)
Environment
Piwigo 14.2.0 Check for upgrade
Installed on 30 November 2023, 2 months ago
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 8.2.14 (Show info) [2024-02-01 15:40:04]
MySQL: 8.0.32 [2024-02-01 15:40:04]
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.9.11-60
Cache size 1585.13 Mo   calculated 1 week ago Refresh
Activated plugin list 4
Exif View
LocalFiles Editor
Read Metadata
Take A Tour of Your Piwigo

#2 2024-02-12 09:07:21

Michael High
Co. Offaly, Ireland
2022-12-15

Re: [resolved] Piwigo 14.2 - Safari HD Display Issues

After further investigation, I am finding that this issue is not restricted to Safari but is present on any of my devices that have HD displays. They all seem to have default settings for screen sizes that differ from the size available in the hardware. This seems to be done for performance issues.

It seems that most users with current devices will not be getting the best out of Piwigo because they will not be aware of their device display options buried deep in the settings.

I do not have the skills to take this further. Is anyone looking at this issue?

•  » Beta testing
  •  » [resolved] Piwigo 14.2 - Safari HD Display Issues

Board footer