Announcement

#1 2024-01-25 21:06:04

gomi
2024-01-11

Hired Piwigo Help

Hi Folks,

Is there a place to post requests for professional developer help, or would it be worthwhile opening a new forum section to do so? There must be others needing help and people capable with time available to help them?

I want my Piwigo site to open on a simple album page which will in fact be a portfolio. So usual banner at the top with navigation bar immediately below that then photographs on show. Footer at the bottom. All other pages will be administrative/legal, such as about, privacy policy, terms, etc.

That may change in the future but only by separating the portfolio into more album pages, so the front page would remain as a selection of images.

My problem is I never did get my head around the Smarty templating engine and I simply don't have the time to try to now. I think I can handle the CSS to get the banner heading and navigation bar at the top and the footer at the bottom. There is a post on this forum from way back in something like 2011 on how to get the 'About' section up which I hope may still be relevant.

So it's the Smarty that needs sorting out and I'm willing to pay for it. Any pointers or hopes of a new section to post the request would be very welcome.

Alternatively, if anybody has found a tutorial to take me through it I could probably follow that OK.

TIA,

Mike

Last edited by gomi (2024-01-25 21:08:18)

#2 2024-01-26 00:20:50

Katryne
2016-12-03

Re: Hired Piwigo Help

Hello Mike, I had noted this, in order to get the landing page display a certain album :

In local config (1st tab of Local Files Editor plugin), put :

Code:

$conf['random_index_redirect'] = array('./index.php?/category/1' => '');

replacing the 1 with the id of the album you want on home page.

(tip given by ddtddt in 2021)

http://photos.katrynou.fr/ v.14.1.0 https://album.chauvigne.info/ v.13.8.0
Système d'exploitation: Linux - Hébergeur 1&1-Ionos PHP: 8.0.28 - MySQL: 5.7.38
Bibliothèque graphique: External ImageMagick 6.9.10-23

#3 2024-01-26 11:00:09

gomi
2024-01-11

Re: Hired Piwigo Help

Thank you @Katryne. Also thanks to @ddtddt if they are still around to read it. That is a tremendously helpful tip.

Board footer