Announcement

#1 2023-12-18 11:31:52

solas
2017-12-18

Users blocked from access to the piwigo photo gallery

Hello/Hi/Greetings,
I am an ordinary piwigo user. I was administrator for many years. When trying to access the gallery
I am directed to a template (upgrade.php) which I have pasted in below. (in Swedish)
It prevents me from access to the gallery, only administrator can log in and if I need help there is a link to this forum. Version 14 has only been out for a couple of days, why should the gallery be blocked for users if the administrator decides to wait a couple of weeks?
Is this normal? I have not seen others having this problem on the forum.

Version 14.0.0 - Uppgradera

Språk   
Svenska [SE]
Denna sida föreslår att du ska uppgradera databasen från din gamla version till den nya versionen. Uppgraderingsassistenten tycker att du för närvarande kör version 13.0.0 (eller motsvarande).

Endast en administratör kan köra uppgraderingen: Logga in nedan.

Användarnamn   
Lösenord   

Behöver du hjälp? Ställ din fråga på Piwigo message board.

#2 2023-12-18 16:22:42

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Users blocked from access to the piwigo photo gallery

Are you sure nobody did the upgrade of Piwigo files for you? I can assure you that Piwigo does not decide "by itself" to auto-update.

#3 2023-12-18 21:15:22

solas
2017-12-18

Re: Users blocked from access to the piwigo photo gallery

Thank you plg for a quick and informative reply. It turns out that our administrator made an attempt to upgrade with a push on the button in the administrative area. The result was a fatal error which he unfortunately did not document. This probably led to the unintentional and unfortunate generation of the upgrade template, that was presented to all users, preventing us from using piwigo.
He tried to use the template to upgrade, but that only lead to a almost blank screen with the text:
"---uppgradering 166". I guess a complete reinstallation seems inevitable.

Board footer