•  » Beta testing
  •  » Piwigo 14.0.0RC2 Config'/Options/Display - Photo Properties

#1 2023-12-11 18:25:11

Michael High
Co. Offaly, Ireland
2022-12-15

Piwigo 14.0.0RC2 Config'/Options/Display - Photo Properties

Hello,

I've just joined the testing as I could not update the PHP version on my live site without causing a whole host of errors. So far, I have loaded a 'vanilla' CR2 site with all my photos (loaded with FileZilla and then synchronised). I have not activated any plugins or added the plugins I have loaded on my live site. I am yet to create a /local/config.inc.php file. I am pleased to report that I have not had any PHP errors, I can see many of the improvements and in general, the new version is performing very well.

My expectation is that as the 'Photo properties' has entries for 'Author' and 'Keywords', these would be imported and displayed if ticked. This all works in my live site which confirms that the metadata is present in the image files. I can also display the metadata on RC2 using /tools/metadata.php. The 'Keywords' are important to me, as I want them to appear in the Explore/Keywords menu. The Author field will also be handy for me as it appears in the much improved Search menu.

Environment
Piwigo 14.0.0RC2 Check for upgrade
Installed on 30 November 2023, 1 week 4 days ago
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 8.2.13 (Show info) [2023-12-11 18:17:24]
MySQL: 8.0.32 [2023-12-11 18:17:24]
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.9.11-60
Cache size 982.61 Mo   calculated 1 day ago Refresh

Piwigo URL:
https://piwigo14.thehighs.org

#2 2023-12-12 16:25:47

Michael High
Co. Offaly, Ireland
2022-12-15

Re: Piwigo 14.0.0RC2 Config'/Options/Display - Photo Properties

As yesterday's post has been overtaken by today's full release, I have had a go at solving this niggle myself. In effect, I have amended the file /include/config_default.inc.php with the following lines in the /local/config/config.inc.php ;-

Code:

<?php
// use_iptc: Use IPTC data during database synchronization with files
// metadata
$conf['use_iptc'] = true;

// use_iptc_mapping : in which IPTC fields will Piwigo find image
// information ? This setting is used during metadata synchronisation. It
// associates a piwigo_images column name to a IPTC key
$conf['use_iptc_mapping'] = array(
  'keywords'        => '2#025',
  'date_creation'   => '2#055',
  'author'          => '2#080',
  'name'            => '2#005',
  'comment'         => '2#120'
  );

?>

My suggestion is that these changes be considered to make the configuration/display page effective for new users. It would be useful if a help button was added to the effect that is these buttons are set to true, any existing images will have to be resynchronised for the database to be populated.

I have carried out these checks on my test site which is upgraded to the full release of 14.0. I have also successfully upgraded my live site and am absolutely delighted with the results. Thank you for a very worthwhile upgrade.

#3 2023-12-13 18:02:20

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Note that the IPTC 2#055 field contains only date without time and using that mapping overrides the EXIF DateTime, if present, writing only the date to the database's date_creation field. If your images have also EXIF data I suggest to omit or comment out the

'date_creation'   => '2#055',

mapping. If they don't have the EXIF DateTime data then IPTC 2#055 is better than nothing..

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#4 2023-12-14 10:25:47

Michael High
Co. Offaly, Ireland
2022-12-15

Thanks for your clarification, erAck. I have followed your advice and can see the benefits in the data. This is an important change as I rely on the date & time in the default sort order within albums. This is because my wife and I are both keen photographers and we both use our own cameras and phones to capture our images. So sorting by file name does not organise our photos into chronological order.

I am beginning to see that there can be no one-size-fits-all for the config_default.inc.php file. So I think that my configuration findings would be better directed at the documentation. For what it is worth, these are my current settings...

Code:

<?php
// use_iptc: Use IPTC data during database synchronization with files
// metadata
$conf['use_iptc'] = true;

// use_iptc_mapping : in which IPTC fields will Piwigo find image
// information ? This setting is used during metadata synchronisation. It
// associates a piwigo_images column name to a IPTC key
$conf['use_iptc_mapping'] = array(
  'keywords'        => '2#025',
  'name'            => '2#005',
  'comment'         => '2#120'
  );

$conf['show_exif_fields'] = array(
  'Model',
  'UndefinedTag:0xA434',
  'FocalLength',
  'COMPUTED;ApertureFNumber',
  'ExposureTime',
  'ISOSpeedRatings'
  );

?>

#5 2023-12-14 14:12:13

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Some helpful listing of what can be added when displaying images on the picture page for $conf['show_iptc_mapping'] is at [Forum, post 166781 by ddtddt in topic 27721] Read and set tags from IPTC metadata. See also the comment for $conf['show_iptc_mapping']  in include/config_default.inc.php

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

•  » Beta testing
  •  » Piwigo 14.0.0RC2 Config'/Options/Display - Photo Properties

Board footer