Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Bootstrap Darkroom navbar dropdowns not working

#1 2023-07-06 04:16:15

Dave_G
2019-03-24

Bootstrap Darkroom navbar dropdowns not working

Greetings,

Somewhere along the line in my various edits of my Piwigo site, I somehow managed to break the dropdown function of the links in the top menubar. This site uses the Bootstrap Darkroom theme. There are three links there, Albums, Discover, and Admin, that used to pop up a pulldown menu when you click on them. Now they do nothing. I've gone through the CSS code, and those links use a class called "nav-link dropdown-toggle". But I can't seem to find the CSS file that defines that class, which would explain the problem. Does anyone know where that class is defined, and how I could restore it?

Thanks!

Environment:
Piwigo 13.7.0
Installed on 30 November 2018
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 8.1.13
MySQL: 10.9.4-MariaDB

Piwigo URL: http://www.daveguertin.net/

#2 2023-07-06 11:26:33

gueba
2021-12-31

Re: Bootstrap Darkroom navbar dropdowns not working

Hi,
I think it is done by Javascript. Look for file 'piwigo/themes/bootstrap_darkroom/template/_plugin_fixes_js.tpl'

I'm not sure, but renaming this file causes loss of the dropdown-function.

hth

#3 2023-07-06 14:19:30

Dave_G
2019-03-24

Thanks. That was a good idea, but unfortunately didn't solve the problem. The _plugin_fixes_js.tpl file is there, named correctly, and with the correct permissions.

While troubleshooting I did discover something else going on, though. Just as a test, I tried to switch themes. But no matter what other theme I tried to use, it always showed the same Bootstrap Darkroom theme. I then deleted the Bootstrap Darkroom theme altogether (this was on a dev copy of the site), and then the site did not display at all -- just a blank page. So it seems that somewhere in my site there's something forcing it to use Bootstrap Darkroom, which is probably the same thing that's breaking the pull-down menu function. Any ideas how or where this could be?

#4 2023-07-08 10:24:08

gueba
2021-12-31

I may be totally wrong, but I noticed that dropdown works on your category-pages but not on your start-page. Looking at the page sourcecoude your start-page shows:

Code:

<body id="theHomePage" class="section-categories "  data-infos='{"section":"categories"}'>

while the catagory-pages and (picture-Pages) show

Code:

<body id="theCategoryPage" class="section-categories category-256 "  data-infos='{"section":"categories","category_id":"256"}'>

My test installation never shows 'theHomePage'

Searching files in thebootstrap_darkroom - theme I found 'theHomePage' only in 'header.tpl', while 'theCataegoryPages' shows up in several files including the '_plugin_fixes_js.tpl'

#5 2023-10-12 18:36:14

abda53
2023-10-11

Dave_G wrote:

Thanks. That was a good idea, but unfortunately didn't solve the problem. The _plugin_fixes_js.tpl file is there, named correctly, and with the correct permissions.

While troubleshooting I did discover something else going on, though. Just as a test, I tried to switch themes. But no matter what other theme I tried to use, it always showed the same Bootstrap Darkroom theme. I then deleted the Bootstrap Darkroom theme altogether (this was on a dev copy of the site), and then the site did not display at all -- just a blank page. So it seems that somewhere in my site there's something forcing it to use Bootstrap Darkroom, which is probably the same thing that's breaking the pull-down menu function. Any ideas how or where this could be?

I ran into this too - it's a simple fix.. you just need to clear your cache (or log out). It seems the template is stored in your session cookies and when you update the template setting it never updates the session, so you have to log out to see the new one. Technically it's a bug, but a quick workaround

•  » Themes
  •  » Bootstrap Darkroom navbar dropdowns not working

Board footer