Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » How to exclude a location from OSM maps

#1 2021-02-01 14:38:18

PBENZ404
2021-02-01

How to exclude a location from OSM maps

Hello,
     Is there any way to exclude photos (~ 10 k of them) that appear at coordinates (0,0) on the OSM map.  Some of my exifdata must be providing this location when the location is unknown.  This is not a big problem but aesthetically unpleasing!

I'm guessing there may be a way via exiftool to set the photos GPS location to NULL then resynchronise the photos, or perhaps I could edit the SQL database, assuming there is a table there.  However, if anybody could provide a few hints at a good/better way that'd be appreciated.

Best regards, PBENZ404

#2 2021-03-05 17:10:50

PBENZ404
2021-02-01

Re: How to exclude a location from OSM maps

I spent a bit of time looking at this.  OSMplugin interprets places with exif GSM data at (latitude,longitude)=(0,0) or (NULL, NULL) identically and places a marker at (0,0) for either case.  So you can't change the fields to NULL to hide the images via the images database.. 

There might be a convoluted way to create a new album with non-zero data or restricting permissions to mask locations, but this is a bit like too much hard work. 

I think to fix this you might need to do it by editing the plugin itself rather than the database.  If I get some time, I'll have a play. 

In the end I moved all of my (0,0) to somewhere on the map I preferred.

•  » Extensions
  •  » How to exclude a location from OSM maps

Board footer