Announcement

#1 2010-05-03 06:18:43

draco
Victoria, BC, Canada
2009-11-14

Customized "yoga/Sylvia" theme

I got my Piwigo gallery 6 months ago with the help of a friend who is a web designer. He customized the main look using the already tasteful yoga/Sylvia theme.  http://www.dracolli.com

I have been very happy with the features that this gallery offers. I find it so useful to be able to create user accounts. I have many photos in my gallery that are strictly for business use and only the clients can see. Lately I have used the gallery for few photo-shoots. I created my client a user account and told them to put the images of their choice into their "My Favorites" category. Made my life so much easier to see their selection like this. Had to sign in as them to see it. For this I use the "Controller" plugin "Multi view". This is  very handy  when setting up user accounts and working with permissions for their categories. One can switch quickly between being signed in as the different users when making sure the permissions are set correctly.

Using "Charlie's content" plugin one can play their own video files and stream from sites like Youtube or Vimeo. Handy for sharing family videos. Same plugin works for mp3 files as well. You can see for yourself here: http://www.dracolli.com/index.php?/category/41

Thank you Piwigo team for such a great work!
Thumbs way up!!!
Draco.

Last edited by draco (2010-05-05 07:15:43)

#2 2010-05-04 11:19:59

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Customized "yoga/Sylvia" theme

draco wrote:

I got my Piwigo gallery 6 months ago with the help of a friend who is a web designer. He customized the main look using the already tasteful yoga/Sylvia theme.

Your theme is really nice, so are your photos :-)

One can switch quickly between being signed in as the different users when making sure the permissions are set correctly.

For this very purpose, you can use the "Multi view" plugin : 1 click to switch from one user to another.

Thank you for using Piwigo!

Board footer