•  » Upload design, folders and virtual categories

#1 2006-06-07 17:21:39

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Upload design, folders and virtual categories

Dele Olawole wrote:

There is no doubt that this could be a winner scrpt but there are some issues to be looked it.
1. Like many that have problem using the Admin section to upload anything I have the same problem. I am testing this script on Windows XP

2. Why is it not possible to be able to upload directly when a directory is created?

3. What is the brain behind creating a virtual and physical folder?

A bit cumbersome but a nice program

General answer :

PhpWebGallery was not designed to be an "upload manager" at the beginning. I've always thought that FTP client were far more appropriate for this. So I preferred to design the synchronization process between filesystem directories tree and the database.

Dele Olawole wrote:

2. Why is it not possible to be able to upload directly when a directory is created?

You can make a physical category automatically uploadable at creation, using the right configuration parameter (see include/config_default.inc.php).

Dele Olawole wrote:

3. What is the brain behind creating a virtual and physical folder?

You don't have to create a virtual folder. It doesn't mean anything. You can create virtual categories to improve the organization of your whole gallery. The idea behind physical Vs virtual categories is the level of complexity. As a goal, PhpWebGallery must be simple for simple things and make complex things possible. For a simple gallery, forget about virtual categories, just work with physical categories (1 folder = 1 category). If some times after the installation, you want to reorganize your photos, learn about virtual categories and have fun :-)

#2 2006-07-17 12:28:16

leguman
2006-07-17

Re: Upload design, folders and virtual categories

Bonjour, cela fait pas mal de temps que je cherche un soft du genre de PhpWebGallery (ou quelque soit son nom futur)

J'en ai testé un grand nombre (gestion d'album ou de documents) : probablement plus d'une quarantaine, et je peux dire que PWG est parmis les plus aboutis, les plus finis, et les plus stables (et en plus Français).

Mais alors que j'étais tout excité d'avoir trouvé la perle rare, je me rend compe que la création des "albums" / "galeries" physiques (pas virtuels) ne se fait QUE par FTP, puis syncronisation.

:S

Bon... Je comprend bien ce que tu dis :

z0rglub wrote:

PhpWebGallery was not designed to be an "upload manager" at the beginning. I've always thought that FTP client were far more appropriate for this. So I preferred to design the synchronization process between filesystem directories tree and the database.

Mais il me semble (à moi) évident que c'est plus simple pour certaines personnes d'utiliser la même interface pour tout manipuler sur le site. ( voir par exemple

Est-ce qu'une modif existe ? (j'en ai pas trouvé, mais je suis peut-être bigleu)
Est-ce que c'est prévu comme évolution ? (j'ai pas vu non plus, mais bon)

Bon enfin pour résumer c'est un super boulot bravo !

#3 2006-07-17 14:17:09

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

Re: Upload design, folders and virtual categories

This is the english forum.
Please post your request on the french forum. And let's do a search, there are many topics about your problem.

Regards

•  » Requests
  •  » Upload design, folders and virtual categories

Board footer