Announcement

#1 2024-04-23 00:11:57

lockheed
2013-03-24

Restoring an old 2.x Piwigo

Hello

I have a copy of my old defunct gallery running on Piwigo from ~2014, probably version 2.x
I have the /piwigo directory  + db .sql backup file. Was running on a stand-alone server. The server is gone now, but I would like to get it back online using docker (docker compose). I spent about 6 hours trying to get it run, but to no avail.

I tried various versions of the container (https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/piwigo) from 2.9.4 to 14. I installed it over existing Piwigo directory, but every time there is some other problem.
Older versions return some PHP errors, while newest one displays just blank page.

The furthest I got so far was with one of the newer versions ones (can't remember which one, I already scrapped it), but it did not display any of the photos or thumbnails - just their names.

I also tried instead to get an nginx+php-fpm container working, but that did not work either because it was complaining about missing php elements (eg. mysqli) and I did not find a way to install it with docker-compose without the container failing afterward.

So, ideally I'd want to get the one I was on up and running, without any updates (the gallery won't be in production) because that would break plugins and themes. If that's not possible, then I'd want to get it updated but have the photos actually show up.

I imagine one of the problems is that AFAICT the directory structure changed in newer versions and photos are no longer stored in piwigo/upload (?).

Anyway, any help would be welcomed.

Board footer