Announcement

#1 2024-03-20 07:14:10

sunitabarve
2024-03-15

User permissons

Hello

I am new to using Piwigo.

At present we want to create private albums and want all regitered users to upload albums, edit every photo and comment on every photo.

How do we achieve doing this. We want all registered users to automatically see all albums created by others and every registered member can upload,edit albums and provide comments.

With these limited limitations how to achive this scenario.

Pl. help.

Right now I have made all registered users as webmaster.

reg

Sunita Barve

#2 2024-03-20 10:12:31

Katryne
2016-12-03

Re: User permissons

Hello
What you did is the only way I found to achieve this. All my contributors are webmasters. I resigned from managing this site, because I found it too risky.

http://photos.katrynou.fr/ v.14.1.0 https://album.chauvigne.info/ v.13.8.0
Système d'exploitation: Linux - Hébergeur 1&1-Ionos PHP: 8.0.28 - MySQL: 5.7.38
Bibliothèque graphique: External ImageMagick 6.9.10-23

#3 2024-03-21 07:02:53

sunitabarve
2024-03-15

Yes I am only interested in allowing all registered users to upload, comment, edit photos without doing any other work in site. They can delete their own photos.

Can anyone suggest how to achive automatic registration and access to albums, allowing registered users to upload photos, provide comments/tags to other photos. Or can we change policy for existing users such as webmaster, user, generic to do this task. Pl. help. I need this support urgently.

#4 2024-03-21 08:44:00

homdax
Sweden
2015-02-02

sunitabarve wrote:

Hello

Right now I have made all registered users as webmaster.

reg

Sunita Barve

That is giving all users full and administrative access to everything on your Piwigo site. I would seriously reconsider that move. WebMaster is the default Admin user in Piwigo terms.

I would instead grant the "Administrator" access, since that role is, again as Piwigo implemented roles, not full access to everything.

Again, Administrator role is actually giving less access, but still perhaps enough.

Last edited by homdax (2024-03-21 08:48:00)

#5 2024-03-21 10:01:57

sunitabarve
2024-03-15

Thanks for the reply.

I would have required that a user group can have access to upload/edit/delete their own contents as well are allowed to tag/comment on other collections. Thats only is my requirement but which does not get satisfied with default user group category.

#6 2024-03-21 12:51:08

drmaemo
2013-07-11

sunitabarve wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I would have required that a user group can have access to upload/edit/delete their own contents as well are allowed to tag/comment on other collections. Thats only is my requirement but which does not get satisfied with default user group category.

You can achieve this with the following plugins:

Uploading Photos:

Community - This plugin allows the site administer to assign permission to a particular group (e.g., User) to upload photos into a particular album and subalbums. This plugin also includes a feature called "User albums" where "Piwigo automatically creates an album for each user, on first connection".

Editing/Deleting Photos:

Admin Tools - This plugin enables members who are assigned a particular group (e.g., 'User') can delete and edit (i.e., edit photo name, author, creation date, keywords, and description) photos.

user delete photo - This plugin allows members to delete photos by clicking on Discover - Edit Photos

Tagging:

User Tags - This plugin allows users to add tags to a photo from the information dialog box.

Comments:

No plugin required. Site administrator enables commenting from the site administration page (i.e., Configuration --> Options --> Comments --> Activate comments

Note:
Although Piwigo can be configured for members to create an album, this platform does not currently allow members to edit the name and description of an album. Once an album is created, a site administrator is needed to edit an album.

Cheers! Hope the info above is helpful.

DrH

Piwigo 14.0.0 on Linux since 7 March 2020
PHP: 8.1.26 and MySQL: 10.11.6-MariaDB
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.9.10-68

Board footer