Announcement

#1 2024-01-11 23:56:14

gomi
2024-01-11

Root Directory

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I want the root directory of my site to be mysite.tld/public_html and the content to be entirely the content of the Piwigo instance.

If I tell the installation to install at public_html will it do exactly that, i.e. /public_html/{content} or will it give me /public_html/piwigo/{content}?

If the latter, <edit> I would prefer to leave it at mysite.tld/piwigo then move it to public_html. At which point could I run, from within mysite.tld,  <code> mv piwigo public_html </code>? Should I do so as soon as the netinstall script has run and will the system then carry on or break?

Not installed yet. Will be running the script on mikegoodmanphoto.com.

The site is on shared reseller space, runs on Linux but not sure which distro. I suspect one of the Red Hat clones. It uses cPanel but I have persuaded the admins to give me shell access so CL commands not a problem (so long as within the jail).

My home/working PC is Arch Linux.

Wasn't sure whether to post here or 'How To and Troubleshooting' so please bear with me if I got it wrong. The search for a similar question didn't give any indications.

Last edited by gomi (2024-01-12 00:22:32)

#2 2024-01-12 02:22:29

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Root Directory

If you unzip the full installation package it will extract to piwigo/* (same for netinstall), you can simply move everything one level up like

Code:

mv public_html/piwigo/* public_html/
mv public_html/piwigo/.gitignore public_html/
rmdir public_html/piwigo

Piwigo is relocatable.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2024-01-12 12:15:26

gomi
2024-01-11

Thanks @erAck.So Piwigo always installs into

Code:

/{current directory}/piwigo/

Not good, not bad, just plain useful to know ;-)

Last edited by gomi (2024-01-12 12:19:22)

#4 2024-01-15 00:03:15

gomi
2024-01-11

Downloaded the install script to the server (used the curl command) and ran it, then clicked on Retrieve  and Unzip Piwigo.
It did. But the screens in the Netinstall Piwigo screens never appeared. The files simply downloaded into the space on the server.

I moved everything in the piwigo directory into public_html/ - there was no hidden file .gitignore and I didn't see any other hidden files. I didn't check in any lower level directories though.

No opportunity to configure the database or administration areas. I can see everything in my instance of cPanel File Manager on the server and list them on the CL but nothing comes up in the browser on the domain name, fqdn.

Contents of the public_html directory:

Code:

COPYING.txt  galleries           popuphelp.php  tags.php
LICENSE.txt  index.php           profile.php    themes
README.md    install.php         pwg_files.php  tools
SECURITY.md  local               pwg_unzip.php  upgrade.php
about.php    notification.php    random.php     upgrade_feed.php
admin        piwigo-install.zip  register.php
error_log    plugins             search.php

I can probably delete the zip file. The question is whether I can recover from here or should I simply delete the lot and start again with a manual installation?

#5 2024-01-15 01:07:15

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

You're right, the netinstall doesn't contain .gitignore
You can remove files

pwg_files.php
pwg_unzip.php
piwigo-install.zip

Try to point your browser to install.php, check your server logs if that doesn't work.

If that doesn't help, remove all and unzip the full installation package and start from scratch.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#6 2024-01-15 18:04:26

gomi
2024-01-11

Thanks again @erAck. Installed from scratch and it's looking OK so far.

Board footer