Announcement

#1 2023-12-29 18:36:42

SonjaDC-USA
2023-12-29

Uploading photos through Administration / Manage Albums

When I create a new album or add photos to an existing album I found that it was easier and quicker to use the Manage Albums interface.

I would login as my administrator,

Choose Administration

Choose Albums

Choose Manage

Then Choose the Album or Sub-Album I want. Or create a new Album or Sub-album as the case warrants.

To add photos I would choose the + to add my photos then drag and drop or use the file broswer to locate my new photos. Click submit and wait. In short order all my new photos would be then added in the right album and usually in the right order with the minimum required clicks and navigation. Then I would just have to fine tune any descriptions or ordering from within the Manage Album section.

But now, when I add the photos, the process just sits there. If I try to leave the page I get the warning about leaving the page. The photos ARE uploaded but NOT associated to any albums.

I have to use the generic Photos / Add menus and of course this means a few more clicks and navigation to sort them and associate them.     

Environment
Piwigo 14.1.0 Check for upgrade
Installed on 5 January 2022, 1 year 11 months 3 weeks 3 days ago
Operating system: WINNT
PHP: 8.2.13 (Show info) [2023-12-29 17:33:37]
MySQL: 10.11.3-MariaDB [2023-12-29 11:33:37]
Graphics Library: GD bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
Cache size N/A   never calculated Refresh
Activated plugin list12
Admin Messages
Admin Tools
Check Uploads
Cookie Consent
Exiftool GPS
Extended Description
Media Icon
No Stats For Robots
Rotate Image
ShareAlbum
SortOrders
Stop Spammers

Piwigo URL: https://gallery.designcreations.us/

Last edited by SonjaDC-USA (2023-12-29 18:37:07)

#2 2024-01-04 21:50:28

SonjaDC-USA
2023-12-29

Re: Uploading photos through Administration / Manage Albums

Even when creating a new album and choosing add photos to that album, the photos are no longer associated with the album.

You have to go into Photos / Recent Photos.  Choose the photo, then choose the associate with album action to ensure the photo(s) is associated with the album.

Board footer