Announcement

#1 2023-12-29 18:05:35

Leopold Stotch
South Park
2021-01-21

2072 / Albums [Album Editor 14.x] Description field is too small

Hi,

I extremly like the new expand-option for album descriptions! Great feature!

1a) but if "extended description" plugin is activated, you get a vertical srollbar, due to the bottom "?". even if the description-field is blanc.

1b) if the description-text is longer, you get a second vertical scrollbar, parallel to the first one.
The "?" Icon should be beneath the text-area (like in non-expanded-mode), not inside.

2) is it possible to reduce the frame-size in expand-view and get more space for the description?

https://i.ibb.co/MCdT9YY/shrink.jpg

Last edited by Leopold Stotch (2023-12-29 18:25:12)

#2 2023-12-31 15:12:04

Leopold Stotch
South Park
2021-01-21

Re: 2072 / Albums [Album Editor 14.x] Description field is too small

... and the "shrink" button and "expand" tooltip aren`t "translatable", right? as i can`t find them in language files.

absolutly no problem, but would be good to know, so i can stop searching.

#3 2024-01-01 07:37:38

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

Leopold Stotch wrote:

... and the "shrink" button and "expand" tooltip aren`t "translatable", right? as i can`t find them in language files.

absolutly no problem, but would be good to know, so i can stop searching.

is translate > [Github] Piwigo commit 8d034efa for next release

You can help with the translation.

For help register to https://piwigo.org/translate/

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#4 2024-01-02 19:10:24

Leopold Stotch
South Park
2021-01-21

ddtddt wrote:

You can help with the translation.

For help register to https://piwigo.org/translate/

the status of my motherlanguage shows "100%" (though i heavyly disagree ;-) ) - does it even make sense, if i join? especially as i don`t like (to put it mildly) a lot of them and built my own. seems more like a recipe for some trouble :-) ?!

#5 2024-01-03 09:31:26

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Leopold Stotch wrote:

the status of my motherlanguage shows "100%" (though i heavyly disagree ;-) ) - does it even make sense, if i join? especially as i don`t like (to put it mildly) a lot of them and built my own. seems more like a recipe for some trouble :-) ?!

What is your motherlanguage?

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#6 2024-01-04 07:29:49

Leopold Stotch
South Park
2021-01-21

german - streng genommen plattdeutsch :-)

#7 2024-01-04 16:19:13

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi Leopold Stotch,

he status of my motherlanguage shows "100%" (though i heavyly disagree ;-) ) - does it even make sense, if i join?

Like any other language, we make mistakes and we correct them. We may even disagree on the most appropriate way to translate a sentence or a word. The question is: do you have some "specific" way to translate a word because you have a specific way to use Piwigo, or "should the corrections be made for the most common usage of Piwigo?".

Each correction can also be "discussed". You simply have to open a topic (on the german forum) if you want to collect opinions of other users.

I can tell you that even in English or in French (my own mother language) we make some changes. Either because we decide to turn "categories" into "albums" or because we decide to rename "photo gallery" into "image library". Both are correct, but we make it elvove because we see it's the way we want users to see Piwigo.

#8 2024-01-04 19:32:42

Leopold Stotch
South Park
2021-01-21

Hi,

i fully understand. it`s not about "mistakes", it`s more about the way you/i/anybody likes to handle his language. and that`s of course a matter of personality, preferences, point of view, social standing, education and several other individual factors.

for me, any translation has to be easy and clear. i hate complicated or even bureaucratic terms. translation is not about translating words (circle-run-together-break ist kein Kreis-lauf-zusammen-bruch). It`s about tranfering the sense, meaning and content. the act is nothing, if its function failes in the end. the best case scenario to me is, when translations work as if the text would have been written in this particular language in the first place and don`t even look like a translation - if this makes any sense?!

when i don`t know, what`s behind a term - though it`s in my natural language - translation failed for me.

example: "Theme" is translated to "Erscheinungsbild" - which is something i have, when i put LSD in my lunch, but I absolutly don`t associate the expression to "Theme/Style".
but if anyone else is cool with it, i`m also.

i`m totally aware this is just my personal point of view, not relevant and thanks to local files editor customizable. and i have no intention to make something near a status quo. different folks different strokes.

it`s simply impossible to bake a cake which hits everybody`s taste. i can live with that. there is no right or wrong, in my eyes.

Board footer