Announcement

#1 2023-12-13 03:26:43

JohnL
2023-12-13

Trouble with Admin Tools

I'm evaluating Piwigo so I have installed it in a Docker container on my QNAP.  I want to use it as a family photo sharing tool so my kids can create albums and upload photos of trips, their kids, etc.

I have installed both Community and Admin Tools, but I have a problem.  If a user account is Webmaster or Admin, I get the Admin Tools bar at the top of the page.  However, if the user account is User, I do not see the Admin Tools bar. 

Have I mis-configured something?  What are the rules for when the Admin Tools bar should be available?

Thanks!

#2 2023-12-13 10:39:23

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Trouble with Admin Tools

Admin Tools only appears for administrators/webmasters, unless you're on the page of a photo and you did add it (ie, you're the "owner" of the photo)

#3 2023-12-13 14:39:20

JohnL
2023-12-13

Re: Trouble with Admin Tools

That's what I thought, but it's not working.  I uploaded photos as a 'User' using the Community plug in (Explore -> Upload Photos), but when I view those photos as the same user I do not see the Admin Tools.

Is there anything else I need to configure?  Does it matter what Privacy Level the user has, or what Group Permissions or User Permissions are on the Album, or something else?  Is there a log file or something I can use to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Board footer