Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Restrict search results that return EXIF imbeded tags to specific user

#1 2023-08-28 20:24:19

bliss_spafford_hodges
2023-08-28

Restrict search results that return EXIF imbeded tags to specific user

Hello,
I would like to request either a plugin or extension that would restrict what tags or EXIF data are returned in the search results.
I currently use Piwigo to maintain a very large photo database for genealogy purposes. The photos of all my relatives use facial tagging, and also the caption or description may contain the same data. This works fantastic for the deceased for example the tag contains the full name and date of birth date of death “Jonathan Jane Doe (1900-1977)”
I also tag the photos of living relatives in the same fashion “Jane Jonathan Doe (1995-x)” many of the photos of the non-deceased I would like to publish and share with registered family users to aid in identification of unknown faces. As you can imagine it's very difficult to keep up with the younger crowd and their children.
As a test I have published an album that contains non-deceased relatives, restricted it to a user/group, which works well to stop viewing of the photos. However, when using the Search feature, it returns the facial tags of the individuals contained in the restricted Album. Because of privacy concerns with the photos of the living, I do not want any of the contents EXIF or other wise to be returned in any search executed by a member or guest, that is not authorized by user/group permissions.

My configuration:
Piwigo 13.8.0 Check for upgrade
Installed on 18 March 2023, 5 months 1 week 3 days ago
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 7.0.33 (Show info) [2023-08-28 18:17:46]
MySQL: 8.0.34 [2023-08-28 13:17:46]
Graphics Library: ImageMagick 7.1.0-62
Cache size 85.23 Mo   calculated 3 months ago Refresh
Activated plugin list9
Admin Tools
Contact Form
Exif View
Grum Plugins Classes.3
LocalFiles Editor
Look_like_gbo2
Permalink Generator
Personal Plugin
Theme Switch

Piwigo URL: http://bliss-spafford-hodges.com/piwigo

#2 2023-08-28 23:56:42

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Restrict search results that return EXIF imbeded tags to specific user

I would simply not use Piwigo for a project that requires strict data privacy. Piwigo is meant to publish photos, any level of access rights and restricting permissions is built on top, and holes like tags returned in searches are an imminent risk.

Btw, you seriously should upgrade your PHP version, 7.0.33 is end-of-life since 2019 already and probably full of security holes. See https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php for supported versions and EOL dates, current Piwigo works best with PHP 8.0, but that also is to be upgraded to 8.1 soon.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

•  » Requests
  •  » Restrict search results that return EXIF imbeded tags to specific user

Board footer