Announcement

#1 2023-07-09 00:29:50

jondor
2023-06-30

Instal piwigo 13.8 or 14 in TrueNAS Scale

Hello there,

I came across your Piwigo beta 14 announcement and I'm interested in installing it on my personal home server. I've been searching for installation instructions specific to TrueNAS Scale, but haven't found much information. I tried using the TrueCharts catalog, but it only offered the beta version 11.5, and I faced difficulties with installing MariaDB. I also reached out in the TrueNAS Discord community, but didn't receive a response. My server has limited resources (16GB RAM, x5660 CPU, 256GB SSD for Piwigo, and two 4TB HDDs for family photos), so I'm unsure if creating a VM would be the best solution. I'd appreciate any guidance you can provide on installing Piwigo on TrueNAS Scale. Thank you!

The only related post I found is about truenas Core, not scale: https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31041

#2 2023-08-04 03:37:25

raupie
2023-07-11

Re: Instal piwigo 13.8 or 14 in TrueNAS Scale

I'm running TrueNAS 13.0 at home. I'm a month into using Piwigo and I'm really happy with it so far. I tried it off and on for years but finally broke through and got a setup that fits my needs.

I run 1 Virtual Machine with PhotonOS. It's been an amazing setup being able to take advantage of the LinuxServer.io images. Do you have any docker experience? I run the Lets Encrypt container and route everything through my home router. I have my NFS mounts shared to this VM and mount all my galleries via symlinks to Piwigo. I'm heavily relying on the SmartAlbum plugin to build custom albums from keyword tags.

I have NextCloud on another container which syncs my phone images to my TrueNAS. Then run an hourly cron to rsync my nextcloud folders to my albums stored as year/month that are shared via NFS to the Piwigo container. Then I can start tagging images within 24 hours after another cron runs a `piwigo-sync.py` python script  that I stole from [here](https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=176007)

TLDR; get a docker setup running on TrueNAS and you can get piwigo up and running in no time ;-)

Board footer