Announcement

•  » Translations
  •  » Piwigo translation tool - How to see "Todo" ?

#1 2011-09-03 19:30:04

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Piwigo translation tool - How to see "Todo" ?

Hi all and, specially mistic100 !

The new translation tool is great, thx for your good work ! I've a question about translations "todo" : How could translators see easily the keys they have to translate ?

For my personnal case and plugins, I add "/*TODO*/" prefix at the beginning of the keys have not yet been translated. The content is then in English reference language. It could be nice to detect the prefix to highlight automatically the keys to translate, isn"t it ?

#2 2011-09-23 20:53:27

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Piwigo translation tool - How to see "Todo" ?

hi,
I don't know how to do this yet, because of the amounts of ressources necessary to detect all missing values in all plugins.

For your case I don't really understand how you do it, can you post a exemple ?

#3 2011-09-23 22:20:41

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

I'll give an example based on spanish translation for UserAdvManager plugin :

Before the use of the translation tool, to help translators to find easely what's left to do, I copied translation keys with english values from english reference file to other translation files like spanish one and I put a "/*TODO*/ prefix on front of each keys. Like this :

/*TODO*/$lang['UAM_Error_Using_illegal_flag'] = 'Syntax error ! The [Kdays] AutoText flag is used as the "Deadline for registration validation limited" option was not activated. Please activate the option or correct the text field(s) colored in red.';

Spanish translator knew this is to do, did the translation and removed the "/*TODO*/" prefix.

Now, in this case only, and if I understand how works the translation tool, it can't make a difference between translation done (without "/*TODO*/" prefix) and translation to do (with "/*TODO*/" prefix).

Should I remove all TODO prefixes already in place to make this work better?

#4 2011-09-23 22:26:34

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

hmm,
the language file is parsed with eval() so all comments are deleted
it's quickier than manually parse the file

#5 2011-09-23 22:49:26

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Well, if it's better, I can remove all /*TODO*/ prefixes but should I remove non-translated values too ?

•  » Translations
  •  » Piwigo translation tool - How to see "Todo" ?

Board footer