Announcement

#1 2010-05-22 00:30:49

Flip

[resolved] upgrade to 2.1.0 - fix

Hi all,

I wanted to upgrade to 2.1.0 using the auto-upgrader, but it didn't worked out as planned.
I ended up with a 'broken' piwigo, so I just downloaded the new version, and tried to upgrade manually.

Using FTP, I deleted every file/folder (except galleries, plugins, uploads and template-extensions), and uploaded the 2.1.0 files and folders.

I think I should be able to upgrade, but when I try to do this, I end up with an error "Cannot load ./local/config/database.inc.php"

Since I'm not able to use prep21up.php, I don't know what to do anymore.

Can someone provide me with an example database.inc.php? (and if possible tell me what I have to change in the file, in order to make the upgrade work).

Thanks in advance!

#2 2010-05-22 01:05:53

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: [resolved] upgrade to 2.1.0 - fix

Hi Flip,

example of local/config/database.inc.php

Code:

<?php
$conf['dblayer'] = 'mysql';
$conf['db_base'] = 'my_database';
$conf['db_user'] = 'my_username';
$conf['db_password'] = 'my_password';
$conf['db_host'] = 'localhost';

$prefixeTable = 'piwigo_';

define('PHPWG_INSTALLED', true);
define('PWG_CHARSET', 'utf-8');
define('DB_CHARSET',  'utf8');
define('DB_COLLATE',  '');
?>

#3 2010-05-22 13:04:59

Flip

Alright, thank you very much!
Now when I try to upgrade, it says: "No upgrade required, the database structure is up to date."

So problem one solved, now I have to do some 'magic' with my MySQL database, 'cause I'm getting a lot of MySQL errors.
Is it possible to mannually edit the MySQL databases, or do I really have to find a way to run prep21up.php?
Problem is that I don't really see a way to make it work...

Thanks in advance.

#4 2010-05-22 14:53:01

Flip

Ok, this is weird.

I found a backup from a few weeks ago, and since nothing has changed since then, I just re-uploaded it, and renamed my "new, up-to-date" piwigo folder to piwigo2.

Piwigo (so the backup I've just uploaded) was working just fine!
So I tried to manually upgrade again (using prep21up.php) and it all went fine.

Except when I wanted to upgrade, this message appeared: "No upgrade required, the database structure is up to date."
I don't have a clue why it says that ('cause when my database structure would be up to date, I guess my piwigo wouldn't be broken :-D).

Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

#5 2010-05-22 15:10:57

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Do you have a table "piwigo_themes" in your database? This is the way the upgrade.php script detects if the database needs an upgrade or not. If you have this table while you're running a 2.0.10, then you may have installed a 2.1.0RCx on the same database and reloaded your 2.0.x database backup, which did not removed the piwigo_themes table.

Tip: check if you have a piwigo_user_infos.theme (2.1) or a piwigo_user_infos.template (2.0) column.

If you're sure your database is working with 2.0.x, then remove tables piwigo_languages and piwigo_themes. And reopen http://yourdomain.com/yourgallery/upgrade.php

#6 2010-05-22 16:36:44

Flip

U are the hero of the day!!

Never ever installed any RC of piwigo, so I don't know why this error was caused, but deleting these two tables and run upgrade.php definately did the trick.

Thanks a lot!!!

#7 2010-05-22 18:14:01

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Flip wrote:

U are the hero of the day!!

Thank you ;-)

Flip wrote:

Never ever installed any RC of piwigo [...]

I have to investigate because you're not the very first one to have this problem (even if the vast majority of upgrades go fine).

Board footer