#1 2010-04-25 10:32:43

mediapuck
usa till nov - then Austria
2010-04-23

Unable to install pLoader on Windows XP

1) I have a brand new installation of Piwigo on my server. [version 2.09]
2) Downloaded the file pLoader v.1.5 from piwigo website

and - NOTHING. unzipped, the pLoader exe is located in the bin directory
it does nothing. No installation  activity.
THe exe file for windows xp should automically bring up an installation
window and install pLoader on my computer.

Well - it does NOT.

So, I am at a loss here. I do not speak french, searched high and low on the entire site/forum/documentation,
there is simply nothing anywhere to help me.

I certainly am not a newbie with installations [had used Menalto Gallery2, also Coppermine/with their uploader etc., ] - pLoader does not install.

If I simply FTP my folders to the upload folder on my server, will it auto create the thumbnails?

what other options do I have, especially since I will have members that will need to upload their own images. How will THEY upload?
I am frustrated that such a simply thing turns in to a problem.
Cannot continue now and am at the merci of some answers from the community.
Because  documentation is rather limited.

Thanks for advise.

Last edited by mediapuck (2010-04-25 10:39:40)

#2 2010-04-25 11:38:00

mediapuck
usa till nov - then Austria
2010-04-23

Re: Unable to install pLoader on Windows XP

so, I googled for pLoader and found others that have the same problem. Found another pLoader exe file version 2.07, downloaded it, [it's just the exe file that downloaded from Piwigo], this one at least installed the app.
But - again, nothing happens when clicking on the program file, no error, just simply zero activity.

Is there another uploader one could use for Piwigo? Because obviously the pLoader app has some major problems - I am not alone, there are others with the exact same issue.

So - now, I have a perfect installation on my server, the gallery works perfect - front and administration - except, I have no pictures. Ergo - useless for now.

Thank God I still have my Director and SSP Slideshow installation on my server that I now have to fall back on. :(:(

#3 2011-05-19 04:35:44

Irene Eng
New York
2011-05-18

Hi Mediapuck

Have you figured it out since?  Have you figured it out since?  I’m new and couldn’t install the uploader either. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Irene

#4 2011-05-19 22:22:56

bjordan
2011-04-25

Try this link:

http://piwigo.org/ext/download.php?eid=270

Download, unzip the file, go into the unzipped folder and in the "bin" folder and run "pLoader.exe". It's version 1.6. I use it frequently on Windows XP with out any issue.

#5 2011-05-19 23:33:29

Irene Eng
New York
2011-05-18

Thanks B ..
I got this error message after clicking the pLoader under the bin folder - after Re-installing from the link you just provided:

"This application has filed to start because wxbase28u_gcc_custom.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Thank you.

#6 2011-05-20 00:47:33

bjordan
2011-04-25

Check in the /lib/slib/ folder in the pLoader folder you unzipped and make sure that file is there. (It should be since we both unzipped the same file).

Are you logged into your computer as a user with full admin permissions? If not try running it as administrator.

Do you have any Antivirus software that running that could be causing the issue?

I'm kind of grasping for straws at this point but just trying to help narrow things down.

On all the computers I'm running it on I am running it as an administrator user. I have "Microsoft Security Essentials" installed on one of the computers.

Last edited by bjordan (2011-05-20 00:48:07)

#7 2011-05-20 15:52:45

Irene Eng
New York
2011-05-18

Thanks B..
It worked after my IP solved it: 

"This error was due to the apostrophe in your site title. I have modified the file mentioned in the error to wrap the variable with " instead of ' so the apostrophe did not throw things off. "

Hope this will help others. 

Not sure I'm doing it right ..

Thanks again.
Irene

#8 2011-05-20 21:35:03

bjordan
2011-04-25

Nice, I'm glad you got it working.

#9 2011-10-28 23:45:56

joes
2011-10-28

Finally i have found the thread that helps me to fix this problem. I even only registered to say tnx :D :D lol although ill try to visit this forum from now on kuz it helped me ^^

GJ

Board footer